Thursday, May 31, 2007

End of May Notes

(1) I just completed the third of my three presentations this spring, this one at the Academic Business World conference in Nashville, with this presentation concentrating on accounting blogging (I used the Twelve Blogs of Christmas in my presentation). Relatively few accounting topics on the docket, but their were some interesting papers on accounting and business ethics.

(2) My wife and I just started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace program at our church. Dave is a major name in the personal finance area and it will be interesting to see how this goes.

(3) Tomorrow starts my third year of accounting blogging (I did a few practice posts in May 2005 but started in earnest on June 1). Looking forward to doing the best I can on this blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil McIntyre said...

What was the reaction to your presentation on accountant blogs?

11:18 PM  
Blogger DEBTective said...

Thanks for spreading the word about Dave, bub. The folks at your church will really get into deep-sixing their debt like he teaches, see? Good luck!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Dan Meyer said...

Thanks for your comments. Relatively little reaction to the blogs themselves--I did have one listener ask about the use of blogs as an assignment for students and told her that I might require development of an accounting blog by students if teaching a future graduate course.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?