Monday, May 14, 2007

Telephone Tax Refund Available for Nonprofits

The telephone tax credit which has been claimed on individual returns is also available on returns for exempt organizations if they can show that they paid the tax. The credit would be completed on Form 8913, which generally would be attached to a Form 990-T. The author also lists common names given on telephone bills for this tax and references the IRS webpage for answers on additional questions.

This is good news for nonprofits, since many run on a shoestring. Be careful on the amount claimed; the IRS has been going after taxpayers making excessive tax credit claims.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?