Friday, October 14, 2005

State Taxes in My Backyard (and a pair of well-hit Tiger Woods drives away)

A pair of Tax Analysis stories available today indicate that Kentucky (less than 1/2 mile from my house) plans a 10 cent per pack cigarette tax with proceeds available to improve the financial situation for schoolteachers. Meanwhile, homestate governor Breseden has announced that he will not push for an state income tax if re-elected (presumably, a mayor in one of Tennessee's counties will find this reticence an excuse to reach a 10% sales tax in the near future).

On the blog front, I will be in a conference augmenting my continuing education early this week. Therefore, it is unlikely that I will be able next week to meet the weekly goals recently announced. Congratulations in advance to those published in the Carnivals of the Capitalists, Debt Reduction and Personal Finance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?