Monday, March 13, 2006

The Wonderful Madness of March (NCAA Hoops)

The annual ritual of the NCAA tournament starts Thursday (actually Tuesday for two of the small fry)--I'm sure that almost everyone here has seen a bracket. The choices were generally good: I would have replaced Seton Hall with Cincinnati in the Big East and Missouri State over Bradley in the Missouri Valley. One that I did not understand: Michigan, Florida State and Colorado (maybe even Nebraska!) seemed to me to have a better case than Air Force. My other quibble: Within the SEC, I would have put FL as a 2, LSU as a 3 and TN as a 4. My initial guess as to the result will look to be geographically biased (I not long ago moved from Indiana to Tennessee): Ohio State beats LSU in the championship with Illinois and Memphis also in the Final Four.

On the women's side, "my" Purdue Boilermakers have chances at the Final Four, but will have to make the Sweet 16, then beat a Duke, Tennessee, etc. caliber team in the Sweet 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


My blog is worth $7,903.56.
How much is your blog worth?